Date updated: 1st April 2020
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation (the “Act”), the data controller is Click2Scan Ltd of Cambridge House, Henry Street, Bath, BA1 1BT, England.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
By filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with use by telephone, email or otherwise you give us information about yourself. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, apps, subscribe to our services or newsletter, search for products, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you chat to one of our sales or support personnel and when you report a problem with our Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you.
Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your log information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your online activity, which may include your URL, visits to, through and from our website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods to browse away from the page, page response times, download errors and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us.
We use this information to:
Information we collect about you.
- administer and provide you with the products and services that you request from us;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information about products and services that you request from us, or about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- carry out our obligations under any contracts we have entered into with you.
We use this information to:
- administer the website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- keep our website safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising or promotions we send to you and others; and
- deliver relevant advertising or promotions to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties.
Information we disclose to third parties.
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example: to provide technical assistance, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies;
- other companies from within our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website (information will be disclosed in a non-personally-identifiable form);
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
- We will only share your information that is essential for such third parties to provide services on our behalf.
We may disclose your personal (business) data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to the seller or buyer signing a suitable confidentiality undertaking;
- if Click2Scan Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreement with you and/or any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (" EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of the service, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA.
Our website is accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the website from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to post your data on our website, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Protection of Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of any information across the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
You have the right under the Act, free of charge to request:
• access to your personal data;
• rectification or deletion of your personal data;
• a restriction on the processing of your personal data;
• object to the processing of your personal data;
• a transfer of your personal data (data portability).
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt out options and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
We send notifications and emails from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide access to the website or services to you, your account with us remains open or and period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the services for the purposes set out below.
After your account has been closed, we usually delete personal data, however we may retain personal data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
We may retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other users may have copied from the website or services.
Age of Users
This website is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 18.
Complaints or queries
Our intention is to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal data. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to notify us if they think that our collection or use of their personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
How to contact us
email@example.com or write to us at: Click2Scan Ltd, Cambridge House, Henry Street, Bath, BA1 1BT, United Kingdom